Thursday 5 November 2009

Contempory Tree


This is part of a project I did for my 'A' level. This is a contemporary tree to show the dead trees that are inside of the "A Bomb Dome" in Hiroshima . Which is also known as Peace Memorial for the 230,000 people who died when the A Bomb was dropped.
When I went to the Memorial it left lasting affect with my art and I made two trees one was white for "Life" and one was red wood for the "Death" and to show even after death the trees in Hiroshima still grows life with the radiation on the algae that is 10 to 20 inch long. I also went back to Hiroshima a year later as I did not have any flower with the first time time I went.
I am hoping to use my technique to make my drawing life size, if some one has a small wood they would like copsing.
In the Hampshire area Winchester UK this would be just what I am looking for, I am quite happy to pay a pepper corn rent and let the public see me making my sculptures

No comments:

Post a Comment